On August 20, 2018, the NRAA Board of Directors acknowledged Anthony J. Messana for his significant contribution to the organization. His involvement in the Association spans decades and demonstrates an extraordinary personal commitment to the kidney care community. The board established the NRAA Anthony J. Messana Day on the Hill Scholarship
recognizing his unending advocacy efforts on behalf of kidney patients and kidney care organizations.
Messana joined NRAA in 1983 and has held various leadership positions, including serving as a Past President. His focus was quickly directed to the advocacy efforts of the organization and he was an integral part in engaging and hiring a government relations firm to further advance the advocacy agenda of the NRAA. In 1991, Messana led the efforts to create the NRAA PAC
and worked to establish the NRAA GPO
to expand on the organization's impact on the industry. Messana’s experience, on all levels within the dialysis industry, has allowed him to meet with Members of Congress, CMS, the administration and other relevant agencies to discuss how legislation and regulations would impact the kidney community and patients.
His priority has always been to ensure the voices of dialysis providers and patients are heard within the Halls of Congress.
This scholarship provides financial support for an NRAA member to attend the Annual NRAA Day on the Hill and meet with their elected officials to educate, inform, and share issues and concerns related to the dialysis facilities and patients. The scholarship is designed for members who are interested in advocacy related activities.
The NRAA Anthony J. Messana Scholarship Awardee will:
- Attend the Annual NRAA Day on the Hill and related events
- Invite their Representative, Senator and/or their staff to tour their dialysis unit
- Be open to receiving email or phone calls from the NRAA throughout the year as we work on specific issues that may relate to their organization
- Is a Member in good standing under the Active Member Category (Dialysis Company)
- Open to Nomination or Self-Nomination
- Nomination should include what the candidate has done or could do if they receive the scholarship
- Self-nominations should include much of the same information
2020 Applications are being accepted Now
For any questions related to this scholarship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org