NRAA member meetings and facility tours with their Representative, Senators, and candidates for federal office are an essential element of our advocacy efforts. The visits provide NRAA members the opportunity to show our elected officials first-hand our commitment to the vulnerable patient population we serve, as well as demonstrate the variety of complex care services we provide to their constituents in the community. Our “every day heroes” who are providing care to our patients can also benefit from interacting with Members of Congress and their staff.
Facility tours provide the following opportunities for lawmakers and facilities:
- Create and strengthen relationships with lawmakers and local media
- Demonstrate the necessity of quality, life-sustaining dialysis care for patients
- Showcase the quality improvements taking place in dialysis facilities
- Speak with our patients directly as they are being cared for
- Speak with designated medical staff and caregivers about the services we provide and the importance of adequate funding
If you have hosted a facility tour, please let the NRAA know at email@example.com. We'd love to share your experience with our Advocacy Committee and fellow NRAA members.